Username Password: Remember me
Hi, you're seeing this message as you've no Flash Player installed

Dakar 2013 on TV
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Dakar 2013 on TV

Dakar 2013 on TV 1 year, 11 months ago #181469

• -Ralph-
  • 1200cc
What are the options this year? Got a Eurosport Player subscription last year, but live stream only, no catch up, and wasn't impressed with the timings at all.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by -Ralph-.

Re: Dakar 2013 on TV 1 year, 11 months ago #181472

• corbine
  • 1200cc
Hi Ralph.my pc is down so I can't give you the link. If you google it, the Dakar has it's own great interactive multilingual site with up to date leader boards,great videos and pix.

Re: Dakar 2013 on TV 1 year, 11 months ago #181476

I've got Eurosport but its very basic coverage and not even in HD. The Dakar is really popular the world over but less so here than for example in France and Spain. I wish Eurosport would get a grip. Between them and motors tv they haven't even aired the Phareons rally, took 3 weeks to show the Moroccan rally yet tractor pulling is on every day.

Re: Dakar 2013 on TV 1 year, 11 months ago #181498

• -Ralph-
  • 1200cc
I know whats usually on the Dakar site, I used it to complement Eurosport last year, but it's just 5 minute highlights videos.

I want to sit down for an hour a day and catch up properly on the days race. The year before last I used this website www.sbs.com.au/ondemand for their catch-up TV, but last year they didn't put much on there at all.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by -Ralph-.

Re: Dakar 2013 on TV 1 year, 11 months ago #181505

• -Ralph-
  • 1200cc
That's exactly what I meant about Eurosport timings. You couldn't record anything because it was never on at the time it said it would be on.

Re: Dakar 2013 on TV 1 year, 11 months ago #181510

I series link it on sky + but its a scandal in this day and age that it doesn't self adjust to time changes in the schedule !
XT660Z

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).

Re: Dakar 2013 on TV 1 year, 11 months ago #181511

• -Ralph-
  • 1200cc
I don't have Sky and don't want it, I watch very little TV. Has to be free to air channels for me and I use Freeview and FreeSat. So most of my Dakar is on the internet, buying a 1 month subscription to Eurosport Player in January.

What I might do is pick up a French satellite box and viewing card at Christmas for about £100 one off purchase, as my wife is French and would use it all year round. It would be good for my French also.

Re: Dakar 2013 on TV 1 year, 11 months ago #181515

• davsato
  • Everyone knows at least one Dave
eurosport is pants. what annoys me is a 1hr programme is 50% adverts, and 10% recaps after ad breaks of stuff that was just on 5 mins before, so you get 20 minutes of new footage.

either people are thick and need reminding what they just saw before their hair die and drillbit presentations, or sky just think we are.

i usually end up sky+ing a weeks worth and watch it all in one go, wearing out the FFWD button
Dave
Fareham, Hants.
i am not a cockerney, london is up north to me
Varadero XL1000VA6

Re: Dakar 2013 on TV 1 year, 11 months ago #181518

davsato wrote:
eurosport is pants. what annoys me is a 1hr programme is 50% adverts, and 10% recaps after ad breaks of stuff that was just on 5 mins before, so you get 20 minutes of new footage.

either people are thick and need reminding what they just saw before their hair die and drillbit presentations, or sky just think we are.

i usually end up sky+ing a weeks worth and watch it all in one go, wearing out the FFWD button

yeh i think ill do that this year. if im home though i dont think i could watch something else whilst its on

Re: Dakar 2013 on TV 1 year, 11 months ago #181550

I watch quite a bit of tv, but record it all on sky plus or on the HD pvr box. No adverts for me.
XT660Z

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds